The Old Absinthe House, Website
Classic New Orleans Breakfast drink sworn by many to be a cure-all for hangovers
In a tall glass add the following:
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/4 ounce Herbsaint
- 1/2 ounce Orgeat Syrup (almond Syrup)
Add Crushed Ice and fill with Milk Mix under a drink mixer or a blender until frothy serve straight up
Star-News, 10th January 1975
"Absinthe suissesse is a creamy smooth drink made from the original recipe that made Brennan's famous in New Orleans."
Food of New Orleans, By John Demers, 1998
Sazerac Bar, Fairmont Hotel.
- 1 1/2 fl oz (45ml) Herbsaint liqueur
- 1 egg white.
- 3 drops orange flower water.
- 3 drops white creme de menthe.
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup.
- 2 fl oz (60ml) half-and-half (half cream)
- 2 fl oz (60 ml) milk
Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until frothy, then strain into a chilled stem glass with a little crushed ice.