From The Webtender Wiki
The Batida is the "other drink" that Brazilians make with their Cachaça.
A Batida can be either shaken with ice, or blended into a Smoothie style drink.
Ingredients for a Batida de Morango (Blended)
- 40ml Cachaça,
- 5 strawberries, or 40ml Strawberry Puree,
- 20ml Sugar Syrup, or equivalent granulated sugar.
Preparation for a Batida de Morango (Blended)
- Into an Electric Blender, drop 5 cleaned Strawberries.
- Flick the blender on, and blend until the Strawberries are pureed.
- Stop the blender, and add the other ingredients.
- Add a scoop of either crushed ice, or ice cubes.
- Blend until the drink is smooth.
- Pour into serving Glass.
- Add straws, garnish with strawberries, and serve.
What flavours are there for Batidas? and what are they called in Brazilian?
- Batida Abacaxi = Pineapple
- Batida de Limao = Lime (use Fresh Lime Juice, not Lime Chunks)
- Batida de Maracuja = Passionfruit (Puree Preferred)
- Batida de Amendoim = Peanuts
- Batida de Chocolate
- Batida de Coco = Coconut
- Batida de Caju = Cashew Fruit (not Cashew Nuts!!!)
- Batida de Morango = Strawberries
- Batida de Mango = Mango
- Batida de Cafe = Coffee
Other Recommended Flavours
- Raspberry & Passionfruit
- Banana & Condensed Milk (garnished with Grated Cinnamon)
- Mango & Passionfruit
- Mango & Coconut
Basically, you can use anything you want to.