From The Webtender Wiki
- "Bartender's Manual of How to Mix Drinks", Harry Johnson, in 1882
- "New and Improved Bartender's Manual of How to Mix Drinks", by Harry Johnson, 1888
- 1900 edition of the Bartenders Manual.
- "The greatest accomplishment of a bartender lies in his ability to exactly suit his customer. This is done by inquiring what kind of a drink the customer desires, and how he wishes it prepared."
- "The bartender's particular attention must be given to keeping the glassware in a clean, bright condition."