The Irish Coffee is a Cocktail which consists of Irish Whiskey, Warm Coffee, Sugar, and a Cream Float.
Buena Vista Irish Coffee Method
- Fill glass with very hot water to pre-heat, then empty.
- Pour hot coffee into hot glass until it is about three-quarters full. Drop in three cocktail sugar cubes.
- Stir until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add full jigger of Irish Whiskey for proper taste and body.
- Top with a collar of lightly whipped whipping cream by pouring gently over a spoon.
- Enjoy it while piping hot.
Irish Coffee Quotes/ Information
"The historic venture started on the night of November the 10th in 1952. Jack Koeppler, then-owner of the Buena Vista, challenged international travel writer Stanton Delaplane to help re-create a highly touted "Irish Coffee" served at Shannon Airport in Ireland. Intrigued, Stan Accepted Jack’s invitation, and the pair began to experiment immediately."
"From 1939 to 1945 air travel from America was by flying boats that landed at Foynes, Co. Limerick after a long 18 hour flight. The passengers, chilled by the boat trip from the seaplane to the terminal, sometimes in cold, damp weather conditions, appreciated a hot cup of coffee or tea on arrival at the terminal. Brendan O'Regan, then the youthful manager of the Foynes catering service believed that passengers would welcome something stronger. Mr. Joseph Sheridan, the head Chef at Foynes, rose to the occasion, developing after some research what is now known as Irish Coffee."