The Old Cuban is a Cocktail which consists of Rum, Fresh Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup, Angostura Bitters, Mint, and Champagne. Created by Audrey Saunders of the Pegu Club in New York City in 2002.
- 1 1/2 ounce Rum (Bacardi 8 Anejo)
- 3/4 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 ounce Sugar syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 ounces Champagne (Veuve Clicquot)
Muddle lime juice, syrup, mint in a mixing glass. Add rum, bitters, ice, and shake well. Strain into cocktail glass, and top with champagne. Garnish with sugar-coated vanilla bean.
- Making an Old Cuban - The Cocktail Spirit