The Seelbach Cocktail is a Cocktail which consists of Bourbon Whiskey, Triple Sec, Bitters, and Champagne. It was invented at the Seelbach Hotel, Louisville, Kentucky.
Recipe#1: Woodford Reserve Bourbon Website
- 1/2 oz. Triple Sec, chilled
- 7 dashes each, Angostura Bitters and Peychaud's Bitters
- 1 oz. Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon
- 5 oz. Korbel Brut Champagne, chilled
Place Triple Sec, Bitters and Woodford Reserve in a champagne flute. Stir and fill with 5 ounces well-chilled Korbel Brut champagne. Garnish with a long orange zest and serve immediately.
Recipe#2: Gary Regan.
- 3/4 ounce Bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 7 dashes Angostura bitters
- 7 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 4 ounces chilled brut Champagne
- 1 orange twist, for garnish
Pour all of the ingredients, in the order given, into a Champagne flute. Add the garnish.