The Gin Fix is a Cocktail which consists of Gin, Fresh Lemon Juice, Sugar, and Raspberry Syrup.
Jerry Thomas (1862)
- Take 1 large tea-spoonful of powdered white sugar
- dissolved in a little water.
- 2 dashes of Raspberry syrup.
- The juice of a quarter of a lemon.
- 1 wine-glass of Holland gin.
Fill up the glass two-thirds full of shaved ice, stir thoroughly, and ornament the top with berries in season. Old Tom gin may be used if preferred.
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice (3 cl, 1/4 gills)
- 1 tsp sugar (4 dashes)
- Stir & fill glass with crushed ice
- Stir again
- Add lemon wedge
- Serve with straws
- 2 1/2 oz gin (7.5 cl, 5/8 gills)
- Serve in a highball glass (9.0 oz)