Jerry Thomas (1862)
- Take 1 tea-spoonful of pulverized white sugar.
- 1/2 a lime (squeeze out juice and put rind in glass).
- 1 wine-glass Santa Cruz rum.
- 1 tea-spoonful of Curacoa. (Orange Curacao)
- 1 tea-spoonful of Raspberry Syrup.
Fill the glass half-full of shaved ice, shake up well and strain into a cocktail glass.
Recipe#1: Dale DeGroff, King Cocktail.
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz. simple Syrup
- 1/4 oz. Raspberry Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Curacao
- 2 oz. Medium Rum
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into white wine glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with berries and a lime wedge. Note: When berries are in season and inexpensive, muddle fresh berries instead of raspberry syrup.